MIRACLES OF MERCY “I am simply a pilgrim beginning the last leg of his pilgrimage on this earth.”
–Pope Benedict XVI
Classic ROME Miracles of Mercy Pilgrimage
April 25th – May 3rd, 2019
Join us for our pilgrimage to Rome in late April 2019, which coincides with the Feast of Divine Mercy.
Our Miracles of Mercy 2019 Rome Pilgrimage is part of our Classic Pilgrimage line, which we have carefully budgeted for families, couples and single travelers so that they can experience the unique qualities of Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages at an affordable price, without sacrificing Inside the Vatican integrity and style.
Stay at the beautiful Villa Serenella, a Maronite monastery, previously a Roman villa, now the home of a small band of monks from Lebanon. The monastery is within the geographical bounds of the city of Rome, yet secluded and peaceful. Join us as each morning the monks chant the Divine Office in Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke 2,000 years ago.
During the day, we will visit the major basilicas of Rome, climb the Holy Steps, attend Divine Mercy Sunday Mass and the Pope’s Angelus address at the Vatican, meet the editor and special friends of Inside the Vatican magazine, and travel to witness a mysterious image of the Holy Face and a Eucharistic miracle — and much more.
This itinerary is filled with many personal encounters and visits to some of the holiest places in Italy:
● Spend eights (8) nights at the Villa Serenella, the Maronite monastery in Rome
● Attend Sunday Mass and the Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square on Divine Mercy Sunday
● Attend a Papal Audience as a guest of Inside the Vatican magazine
● Meet Dr. Robert Moynihan, leading Vatican analyst and founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, Deborah Tomlinson, Chief Operating Officer, and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
● Dine with Dr. Moynihan and special guests and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
● Gain insight into the workings of the Vatican from Dr. Moynihan
● Enjoy a walking tour of Baroque Rome led by Dr. Moynihan to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona
● Join Dr. Moynihan on a private tour of St. Peter’s Square
● Pray at the Basilica of Santo Spirito, the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Rome
● Enjoy a private guided tour of the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum
● Visit the four major Basilicas of Rome: St. Peter’s, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran and St. Paul-Outside-the-Walls
● Climb the Holy Stairs near the Basilica of St. John Lateran
● Visit Santa Croce, the church containing relics of the Passion from Jerusalem
● Experience a driving tour of Ancient Rome and see the Roman Forum, the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus and the Arch of Titus
● Travel along the Appian Way
● Explore the Catacombs of Callixtus
● Visit the famous Domino Quo Vadis Church and St. Sebastian-Outside-the-Walls
● Assisi: Tour the Basilica of St. Francis and visit his tomb; attend Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels and pray in St. Francis’ Portiuncula; visit the Basilica of St. Clare and pray at her tomb; enjoy a walking tour of Assisi
● Lanciano and Manoppello: Venerate the famous Eucharistic miracle and the Holy Face of Christ
Children under 1 year of age from the same household with at least one (1) paying custodial adult are free.
Please note – bed and meals will not be provided for children less than 1 year of age. If meals and a bed are needed, provisions can be made for a fee.
* Limited number of child rates available. For the reduced rate, children must stay in the same room as the paying adult(s).
This is a Land Package Only – although your air flights are not included, we will provide assistance in booking your air flights, if needed.
- Number of Pilgrims — The minimum number of pilgrims is 15 paying adults. (See our Terms & Conditions regarding Cancellations.) The maximum number of pilgrims is 35.
- Meals — All meals are included, with the exception two (2) “on your own” meals on our travel days: breakfast daily (8), seven (7) lunches, and seven (7) dinners included.
- Bus — Private, first-class motor coach bus and all group transfers are included.
- Taxes and Fees — All local taxes are included. Bus driver tips are not included.
- Entrance Fees — All entrance fees are included.
- Arrival Transfers — For the group transfers from FCO (Rome airport) to the Villa Serenella, you must arrive by 12:00 noon on Thursday, April 25, 2019. There will be 2 transfers from the airport to the Villa Serenella.
- Departure Transfers — For the group’s transfer from the Villa Serenella to FCO (Rome airport), your departure time must be 10:00 a.m. or later on Friday, May 4, 2019. There is only 1 transfer to the airport from the Villa Serenella.
We will make every effort to adhere to the printed program and itinerary. On rare occasions, it may be necessary to adjust arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (including such circumstances as the weather, acts of God, airline schedule changes, hotel requisitions, political disturbances, or transportation mechanical problems). Should such adjustment be necessary, a substitution will be made to the best of our abilities