MIRACLES OF MERCY
“I am simply a pilgrim beginning the last leg of his pilgrimage on this earth.”
–Pope Benedict XVI
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Classic ITALY: Miracles of Mercy
April 16 – 24, 2020
This pilgrimage is being offered again in 2021! Don’t miss out….click the below button to view the specific details for Miracles of Mercy 2021.
Join us in Rome as we celebrate the Feast of Divine Mercy and discover other “Miracles of Mercy” throughout the city of Rome and outlying areas.
Our Miracles of Mercy 2020 pilgrimage is part of our Classic Pilgrimage line, which we have carefully budgeted for families, couples and single travelers so that they can experience the unique qualities of Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages at an affordable price, without sacrificing Inside the Vatican integrity and style. These pilgrimages are limited to 33 pilgrims, never more! We cap the number of pilgrims because we want to keep each pilgrimage as intimate as possible.
Stay at the beautiful Villa Serenella, a Maronite monastery, previously a Roman villa, now the home of a small band of monks from Lebanon. The monastery is within the geographical bounds of the city of Rome, yet secluded and peaceful. Join us as each morning as the monks chant the Divine Office in Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke 2,000 years ago.
As you can see from the below Pilgrimage Overview, this itinerary is filled with many personal encounters and visits to some of the holiest places in Italy.
Join us on this “Miracles of Mercy” pilgrimage, and experience yourself the transforming power of God’s love for us, made visible in the here and now – miracles which point the way to a realm which the saints have said is more real, and more “human,” than the everyday life we usually experience: as St. Augustine has reminded us for 17 centuries, “Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in You.”
• Spend eight (8) nights at the Villa Serenella, the Maronite monastery in Rome
• Meet Dr. Robert Moynihan, leading Vatican analyst and founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, Deborah Tomlinson, Chief Operating Officer, and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
• Gain insight into the workings of the Vatican from Dr. Moynihan
DAYS 1 AND 2: ROME
• Join Dr. Moynihan on a private tour of St. Peter’s Square
• Pray at the Basilica of Santo Spirito, the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Rome
• Visit two of the four major Basilicas of Rome: St. Mary Major and St. John Lateran
• Climb the Holy Stairs near the Basilica of St. John Lateran • Visit Santa Croce, the church containing relics of the Passion from Jerusalem (time permitting)
• Experience a driving tour of Ancient Rome and see the Roman Forum, the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus and the Arch of Titus
DAY 3: LANCIANO AND MANOPELLO (DAY TRIP)
• Venerate the famous Eucharistic miracle and the Holy Face of Manoppello
DAYS 4 AND 5: ROME
•Attend the Sunday Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square for Divine Mercy Sunday
• Explore Rome on your own and purchase religious articles for the papal blessing on Day 7
• Travel along the Appian Way
• Explore the Catacombs of Callixtus
• Visit the famous Domino Quo Vadis Church, St. SebastianOutside-the-Walls and the tomb of St. Paul at St. Paul’s Outside-the-Walls
Overview continued …
DAY 6: ASSISI (DAY TRIP)
• Tour the Basilica of St. Francis and visit his tomb; attend Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels and pray in St. Francis’ Portiuncula; visit the Basilica of St. Clare and pray at her tomb; enjoy a walking tour of Assisi
DAYS 7, 8 AND 9: ROME
• Enjoy a guided tour of the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum
• Attend the Papal Audience as a guest of Inside the Vatican magazine
• Enjoy a walking tour of Baroque Rome led by Dr. Moynihan to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona
• Visit the Basilica of Sant’Andrea delle Fratte, site of Our Lady’s visit to Alphonse Ratisbonne as she appears on the Miraculous Medal and where St. Maximillian Kolbe offered his first Mass
• Celebrate at a farewell dinner with Dr. Moynihan, special friends and guests of Inside the Vatican magazine