ROME IN THE FALL
“I am simply a pilgrim beginning the last leg of his pilgrimage on this earth.”
–Pope Benedict XVI
Classic ITALY: Rome in the Fall
September 24 – October 2, 2020
Join us as we visit the holiest of sites in Rome and travel through the colorful and lovely fall countryside to Lanciano/Manopello and Assisi.
Our Rome in the Fall 2020 pilgrimage is part of our Classic Pilgrimage line, which we have carefully budgeted for families, couples and single travelers so that they can experience the unique qualities of Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages at an affordable price, without sacrificing Inside the Vatican integrity and style. These pilgrimages are limited to 35 pilgrims, never more! We cap the number of pilgrims because we want to keep each pilgrimage as intimate as possible.
Stay at the beautiful Villa Serenella, a Maronite monastery, previously a Roman villa, now the home of a small band of monks from Lebanon. The monastery is within the geographical bounds of the city of Rome, yet secluded and peaceful. Join us as each morning as the monks chant the Divine Office in Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke 2,000 years ago.
As you can see from the below Pilgrimage Overview, this itinerary is filled with many personal encounters and visits to some of the holiest places in Italy.
- Spend eights (8) nights at the Villa Serenella, the Maronite monastery in Rome
- Attend a Sunday Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square
- Attend a Papal Audience as a guest of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Meet Dr. Robert Moynihan, leading Vatican analyst and founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, Deborah Tomlinson, Chief Operating Officer, and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Dine with Dr. Moynihan and special guests and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Gain insight into the workings of the Vatican from Dr. Moynihan
- Enjoy a walking tour of Baroque Rome led by Dr. Moynihan to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona
- Join Dr. Moynihan on a private tour of St. Peter’s Square
- Pray at the Basilica of Santo Spirito, the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Rome
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museum
- Visit the four major Basilicas of Rome: St. Peter’s, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran and St. Paul-Outside-the-Walls
- Climb the Holy Stairs near the Basilica of St. John Lateran
- Visit Santa Croce, the church containing relics of the Passion from Jerusalem (time permitting)
Overview continued …
- Experience a driving tour of Ancient Rome and see the Roman Forum, the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus and the Arch of Titus
- Travel along the Appian Way
- Explore the Catacombs of Callixtus
- Visit the famous Domino Quo Vadis Church and St. Sebastian-Outside-the-Walls
- Assisi: Tour the Basilica of St. Francis and visit his tomb; attend Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels and pray in St. Francis’ Portiuncula; visit the Basilica of St. Clare and pray at her tomb; enjoy a walking tour of Assisi
- Lanciano and Manoppello: Venerate the famous Eucharistic miracle and the Holy Face of Christ