“All roads lead to Rome”- Ancient Roman Proverb
Classic: The Greatest Holy Presences
Annual Inside the Vatican Magazine Pilgrimage and Dinner in Italy
October 23 – November 2, 2020
We have carefully budgeted our Classic Pilgrimages for families, couples and single travelers so that they can experience the unique qualities of Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages at our most affordable price, without sacrificing Inside the Vatican integrity and style. These pilgrimages are limited to 35 pilgrims, never more! We cap the number of pilgrims because we want to keep each pilgrimage as intimate as possible.
Join us in Italy for our first annual Inside the Vatican magazine pilgrimage and dinner. During this pilgrimage, we will explore “The Greatest Holy Presences,” beginning with the The Face of Christ in Manoppello and the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist in Lanciano. [For more information on the Face of Christ in Manopello, read a REVIEW of Paul Baddes books, The Face of God and True Icon, that appeared in the online publication of Inside the Vatican magazine on September 12, 2012.]
Then we will spend time encountering St. Peter by attending Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica and receiving the Angelus message from Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square. Next, we will travel to Subiaco to explore St. Benedict and the monastic life with a reflection by one of dear friends, a Benedictine monk. Thereafter, we will journey to the south of Rome where we will learn about St. Paul.
Our “Day of the Ordinary Pilgrim” will include attending the Papal Audience and enjoying a walking tour of Baroque Rome led by Dr. Robert Moynihan, founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine. While in Assisi, we will encounter the life of St. Francis, the “Extra-Ordinary Pilgrim.” Finally, we will spend a day with Mary and the importance of mission.
To end this special pilgrimage, pilgrims will attend and participate in a Vatican Forum. A panel of Vatican experts and staff members moderated by Dr. Robert Moynihan, will discuss and answer questions on pressing issues facing the church today.
October 23- November 2, 2020
- Spend eights (8) nights at the Villa Serenella, the Maronite monastery in Rome.
- Attend a Sunday Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square
- Attend a Papal Audience as a guest of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Meet Dr. Robert Moynihan, leading Vatican analyst and founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, Deborah Tomlinson, Chief Operating Officer, and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Dine with Dr. Moynihan and special guests and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Gain insight into the Vatican from Dr. Moynihan and his more than 35 years coving the Vatican. His historical and current prospectives will broaden your understanding of our Church today and deepen your faith
- Enjoy a walking tour of Baroque Rome led by Dr. Moynihan to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona
- Pray and attend Mass at the Basilica of Santo Spirito, the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Rome
- View several famous paintings by Caravaggio, including The Calling of St. Matthew
- Visit and pray in the four major Basilicas of Rome: Peter’s, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran and St. Paul’s-Outside-the-Walls. Attend Mass at St. Peter’s
- Climb the Holy Stairs on your knees near the Basilica of St. John Lateran
- Visit Santa Croce, the church containing relics of the Passion from Jerusalem
- Experience a driving tour of Ancient Rome and see the Roman Forum, the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus and the Arch of Titus
- Walk along the Appian Way
- Explore the Catacombs of Callixtus
- Visit the famous Domino Quo Vadis Church and Sebastian-Outside-the-Walls
- Visit the Church of St. Paul and the Three Fountains, site of martyrdom of St. Paul
- Encounter Our Lady at the Grotto of Our Lady of Revelations
- Visit the Basilica of Sant’Andrea della Fratte where Our Lady appeared to Alphonse Rattisbonne
- Visit the Church of St. Praxedes, daughter of St. Pudens, the Roman senator converted and baptized by St. Paul
- View the Miraculous Icon of our Mother of Perpetual Help on display at the church of San Alfonso
- Visit Collegium Russicum, a college dedicated to the study of the culture and spirituality of Russia, that prepared priests for missionary work in the Soviet Union in the early twentieth century
- Attend a Vatican Forum – panel of Vatican experts and staff members moderated by Dr. Robert Moynihan discussing and answering questions regarding issues facing the Church today
- Assisi: Tour the Basilica of St. Francis and visit his tomb; attend Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels and pray in St. Francis’ Portiuncula; visit the Basilica of St. Clare and pray at her tomb; enjoy a walking tour of Assisi
- Lanciano and Manoppello: Venerate the famous Eucharistic miracle and the Holy Face of Christ
- Subiaco: Tour the Sacro Speco (Holy Grotto), the cave where St. Benedict lived as a hermit, and an adjoining monastery, with our dear friend, Fr. Cassian, re-founder of the Benedictine monastery in Norcia, Italy, who will celebrate a private Mass and deliver a spiritual reflection on early Christian monasticism