Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages are different from all other tours and pilgrimages. We craft a daily itinerary which creates a fabric woven of spiritual, historical and personal elements – the personalities of great saints, the personalities of those we encounter and the personalities of our pilgrims with everything they bring from their lives and their faith journeys. Our pilgrimages, therefore, are unique, unrepeatable experiences. Our Signature pilgrimages — small, private groups averaging 15 pilgrims – are impossible to mass produce. They are like a product of an artisan, a work of art that reflects the painstaking commitment of an artist to create something of great and unique beauty.
To learn more about our Signature Pilgrimages click on the button below.
Join Inside the Vatican Pilgrimages in this unique opportunity to journey to England to follow in the footsteps of great English men of faith such as Saints John Henry Newman and Thomas More!
On our Signature “In the Footsteps of Saints Thomas More and John Henry Newman” Pilgrimage you will have the opportunity to stand in Saint Thomas More’s cell in the Tower of London, where he spent his last month before his martyrdom. We will also visit Oxford, where Saint John Henry Newman lived and taught.
- Spend five (5) nights at the Grange Wellington Hotel
- Tour the Smithfield area of London including the Charterhouse
- Attend Mass at The Church of St. Etheldreda, the oldest Roman Catholic Church in England
- Do a walking tour of literary London including the Samuel Johnson House, Tower Hill and London Bridge, all while discussing G.K. Chesterton and Shakespeare
- Wander through the British Museum and enjoy a private tour of the Catholic churches or historical sites in London led by Kevin Turley, our pilgrim guide and resident of London
- Attend evening prayer and Mass in beautiful Westminster Cathedral
- Visit Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Hall where Thomas More was tried and Pope Benedict XVI delivered his famous address in 2010
- Learn about parliamentary processes from an actual Lord
- Walk through Trafalgar Square and the National Museum
- Tour the Tower of London and the Tower Hill, the site of St. Thomas More’s execution, on the Feast Day of St. Thomas More.
- Pray at St. Peter ad Vincula where the remains of St. Thomas More are buried, and visit All Hallows chapel where his daughter, Margaret, prayed for her father during his execution
- Tour the Crypt of Tyburn Convent and pray by the relics of the English Martyrs
- Dine with friends of Inside the Vatican magazine at some of our favorite pubs and restaurants in England
- Spend three (3) nights at the 4-star Oxford Spires Hotel, alongside the Thames River.
- Dine at the Eagle & Child pub, the famous meeting place of the Inklings – C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton – and at other famous pubs in Oxford
- Attend Sunday High Mass at Oxford Oratory of St. Aloysius Catholic Church
- Take an excursion to Littlemore to visit the International Centre of Newman Friends and the sites where Newman lived, prayed and studied before his conversion.
- Attend Mass in the chapel where St. John Henry Newman converted
- Tour Birmingham Oratory, found by and home to St. John Henry Newman as well as J.R.R. Tolkien during his years as a student at King Edwards School
- Visit with the Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, and learn of their amazing journey of conversion from Anglican sisters to Catholic nuns.