As Christians, we are convinced of God’s power to intervene in human life. Indeed, He has shed His gentle grace in the lives of all believers, sometimes with breathtaking results. And yet, our merciful Lord has also seen fit to give us His guidance in extraordinary ways too….and some of them have been left visible as a testament for generations. In Christian Europe, there are many miracles which endure today…from miracles of the Blessed Eucharist which have stood for centuries, to the testimony of saints and converted sinners who have become beacons of God’s love and concern for us pilgrims on our earthly journey.
Our “Miracles of Mercy” Pilgrimage seeks to bring pilgrims in contact with a few of these visible miracles – and also a few “miracles of the heart” which are not so visible, and yet no less compelling.
On this unique and faith-filled pilgrimage, you will witness miracles like the astounding Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano – a consecrated Host that turned into human flesh and has remained so for centuries – and the miracle of one man who disdained the Catholic faith, only to be confronted with an apparition of the Mother of Christ herself, a vision which transformed his life and spread devotion to her throughout an entire country. And all of this surrounds the pre-eminent feast of Divine Mercy, the feast of God’s mercy toward sinners, given in modern times as a sign of hope to this fallen world.
Join us on this “Miracles of Mercy” pilgrimage, and experience yourself the transforming power of God’s love for us, made visible in the here and now – miracles which point the way to a realm which the saints have said is more real, and more “human,” than the everyday life we usually experience: as St. Augustine has reminded us for 17 centuries, “Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in You.”
- Spend eight (8) nights in Rome
- Meet Dr. Robert Moynihan, leading Vatican analyst and founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, Deborah Tomlinson, Chief Operating Officer, and friends of Inside the Vatican magazine
- Gain insight into the workings of the Vatican from Dr. Moynihan
DAY 1: ROME
- Join Dr. Moynihan on a private tour of St. Peter’s Square
- Pray at the Basilica of Santo Spirito, the Divine Mercy Sanctuary in Rome
DAY 2: LANCIANO AND MANOPPELLO (DAY TRIP)
- Venerate the famous Eucharistic miracle and the Holy Face of Manoppello
DAYS 3 and 4: ROME
- Attend the Sunday Angelus with Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square for Divine Mercy Sunday
- Explore Rome on your own and purchase religious articles for the papal blessing on Day 7
- Travel along the Appian Way
- Explore the Catacombs of Callixtus
- Visit the famous Domino Quo Vadis Church, St. Sebastian Outside-the-Walls and the tomb of St. Paul at St. Paul’s Outside-the-Walls